Wow, first off I want to thank you all for being on this amazing photography journey with me! As a fun contest, since I love Nutella more than anything I decided to do a Best Nutella Recipe Contest. There were 30 entries and all of them sounded amazing. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to prepare all of them even though Mr Missy B thought I should!
1st Place Winner, $50 Print Credit:
2 sqs unsweetened Chocolate
½ cup of Butter
1 cup Sugar
½ cup Flour
1 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
½ cup Nutella
¼ cup Butter
2-3 tbsp of Milk
1 sq Semisweet Chocolate
1 tbsp Butter
In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light pale color. Add flour and melted chocolate; stir well. Pour into greased 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for about 25 mins. Let cool.
For topping, mix all ingredients in bowl adding milk to make a spreadable consistency. Spread over cooled brownies and chill until firm. Make drizzle in a small saucepan and drizzle on top. Chill before cutting.
2nd Place Winner, $5 Starbucks Gift Card:
Yield: about 36 truffles
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
1 pound chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
6 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
12 ounces chocolate candy coating
White or milk chocolate for drizzling (optional)
1. Finely chop the toasted hazelnuts and set aside for now.
2. Place the cookies in the bowl of a food processor and process in short intervals until they are fine crumbs. Alternately, place them in a large zip-top plastic bag and roll over them with a rolling pin until they are completely crushed.
3. Combine the crushed cookies, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and softened cream cheese in a large bowl and stir until completely mixed. Add the chopped hazelnuts to the cookie mixture, and stir those in as well. Press a layer of cling wrap on top and refrigerate the truffle mix for half an hour, until firm enough to scoop.
4. Use a teaspoon or small candy scoop to form the mixture into small balls. Roll them between your palms to get them completely round.
5. Melt the chocolate candy coating, and dip each truffle into the melted coating. Place it on a foil-lined baking sheet to set completely. If desired, drizzle melted white or milk chocolate over the tops of the truffles for decoration.
6. Store Nutella Oreo Truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. For best taste and texture, bring them to room temperature before serving.
If you have an amazing recipe, feel free to leave it below! I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy my favorite snack!